Unfortunately, I was not born into a royal family or a Disney film so sadly, I’m not a princess. It’s very true though that there’s a a few rituals that you can do to make your life a little more princessy.
If I can spend a few extra moments in my life acting like a princess then I will do.
1. Feed animals. You could put a little amount of food out for the birds or any night time visitors like hedgehogs or badgers. Unlike in Disney films, we can’t sing to the animals to summon them and we can’t have them clean our homes but we can make their lives a little better. You could put a bird bath in your back garden or you could build a hog home for a hedgehog.
2. Donate to charities. Princesses like to give back to the world. It’s a nice idea to donate just £1, £2 or more if you can afford it a month to a charity of your choice. I donate to WWF by sponsoring an elephant which I think works out about £3 a month.
3. Smell lovely. Have a long soak in the bath and use your favourite bubble bath. After you’re all relaxed and clean, cover yourself in your favourite body butter. My favourite is a cherry and macadamia one from Superdrug but really you can get cheap body butters anywhere.
4. Only buy what you need or really want. Set yourself a little budget and try not to overspend. You don’t want to be surrounded by clutter or anything that doesn’t bring you joy.
5. Creat a safe and happy space. You could use a vanity, a corner of your bedroom or a spot on the sofa. Make it cute, make it comfy and make it your dreams come true.
6. Wear your favourite outfit. I like to opt for a pretty, pink dress but really you can wear anything that makes you feel beautiful. Even if you don’t feel like getting dressed, put on your favourite pair of pyjamas. They should make you feel all warm and happy just like any Princess would feel.
What do you like to do to feel like a real life princess?